Valentine’s Day is coming up and whether you are a single lady or in a relationship, you can enjoy this fancy chocolate bowl! This yummy bowl can be a dessert, a gift, or even a centerpiece. Even better, its super easy and quick to make!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Baking chocolate (We like to use white and milk chocolate, but if you want to get really fancy you can throw in a layer of dark chocolate too!)
- A balloon
- A pin to pop your balloon
- A cup or small bowl to hold your balloon steady.
- A small piece of tape (any type will do)
- Something yummy to put in your chocolate bowl!
Let’s Make it!
- Begin melting your chocolates. We like to use a double boiler, but it if you don’t have one you can make your own by simply placing a glass bowl over top of a pan of boiling water. Keep the heat low, as to not burn your chocolate. Slowly melting it is key.
- Blow up your balloon as large as you would like the inside of your bowl to be.
- Place your balloon on top of a cup to keep it steady as you put your chocolate on.
- Begin slowly putting patches of chocolate onto your balloon. Make sure your chocolate isn’t too hot or it will pop your balloon!
- Put your balloon into the fridge to harden you chocolate. It should only take about 10 minutes.
- Take your balloon out and begin putting heaping spoonfuls of your next chocolate onto it. This time, let it drip down the sides of the balloon. Pop it in the fridge again.
- Take your chilled balloon out and add your next layer as you did in the previous step and pop it back into the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, take it out and place a small piece of tape in the balloon itself. Now very carefully place a pin into the piece of tape so that you can slowly deflate your balloon and carefully peel it from your chocolate.
- Don’t worry if some of your chocolate drips break off, it will still look awesome!
- Now fill your bowl with something yummy and enjoy!
For more info, check out this video: